Research and Consultancy
Among other functions the Board have the functions of providing professional advice to and recognize all trainings intuitions within the country offering courses in procurement and supplies, consultancy services in procurement and supplies management, professionals warehousing management, contract management and auctioneering.
In achieving this function, the Board conducting consultancy services in procurement and supplies management related to the following:
- Build capacity to procurement and Supplies professionals through Tailor Made Training/In-house training
- Provide recruitment advice related to procurement and supplies professionals
- Provide advice on the procurement and supplies cadre
- Provision of advisory service to the decision makers on the overall issues related to the profession of procurement and supplies.
- Provide the clients with professional consulting services in the areas of Procurement and Supply Management
- Provision of any consultancy services related to procurement and supplies management
The Board have a function of formulating and advise the Government on the overall policy relating to the profession of procurement and supplies.
This function can be achieved through:
- Design and conduct impact study of research training programmes organized by PSPTB
- Conducting professional research related to procurement and supplies management.
- Develop a systematic networks and foster relationships with national and foreign research to improve the quality of research activities.
- Promoting professionals to conduct researches related to procurement and supplies professionals
- Developing research Agenda
- Publishing the research
- Publishing Journal/articles